Monday- Stair Step Monday
You’e never too slow! Slow and steady always wins!
Tuesday- Healthy Recipe
Red and Green Bell Pepper Bites
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted, unoiled, sliced almonds
- 4 oz. fat-free, or, reduced-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp. no-salt-added lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Cut each bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard the stems, ribs and seeds. Cut each half into six pieces. Arrange the pieces with the skin side down on a decorative serving platter. Set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, dry-roast the almonds over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the almonds to a small plate and reserve for garnishing. Process the remaining almonds in a food processor or blender for 15 to 20 seconds, or until finely ground.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon pepper seasoning blend, and lemon juice with an electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy. Add the ground almonds and beat for 10 seconds, or until combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a wide star or round tip. Or snip the corner off a resealable plastic bag (a plastic freezer bag works well) and spoon in the mixture. Pipe about 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto each bell pepper piece. Garnish with the sliced almonds.
Wednesday- Walking Wednesday
Join the Heart South staff by trying to walk 5000 steps a day!
Thursday- Thirsty Thursday
Too many benefits to not let it be your best friend!
Friday- Health Tip
Move more to keep the cravings away!
Research done at the University of Massachusetts reveals that the more you sit the greater your appetite can become; even if your body doesn’t really need the excess calories. So make it a point to be more active throughout your day. Wearing a pedometer or setting your timer to get up from your desk every 30 minutes will help curve your cravings.
The Beat Goes On!