Start out taking baby steps but little by little, it will get easier! Don’t get overwhelmed. Try one flight of steps a week to conquer!
Tuesday- Healthy Recipe
Try something new!
Cook time: 25 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves: 6 wraps
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (Can substitute ground beef or shredded chicken)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ⅔ cups water 1 (1 oz.) packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1.5 cups diced vegetables: Tomatoes/Bell/Peppers/Corn/Red Onion
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves= 6 wraps (each wrap uses 2 overlapped leaves)
- 1 cup Sour Cream 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add ground turkey (or meat of choice) and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The meat should be fairly cooked through and the onions should be softened.
- Add ⅔ cup water and 1 packet taco seasoning and continue to cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Add ½ black beans, all of the diced vegetables, and black olives and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Prepare wraps by overlapping 2 lettuce leaves onto a plate.
- Scoop taco filling into each wrap. Top with a scoop of sour cream and sprinkle with cheese.
- Now, isn’t that just a bite of heaven?
Avocado and cilantro make wonderful additions to this meal
Wednesday- Walking Wednesday
Today is the first day for the rest of your life! Make today count.
Thursday- Thirsty Thursday
Friday- Health Tip
For increasing your endurance, 4-6 / 30 second bursts of all-out cardio are just as effective as up to an hour of training at a lower intensity. Short on time? Use intervals to get stronger more quickly.