Monday- Stair Step Monday
Gym Time! A great work out!
Southwestern Quinoa and Egg
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup raw quinoa
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup no-salt-added, frozen corn (thawed)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- hot sauce (optional)
1. Cook quinoa according to the package directions. Remove from heat and let sit.
2. Prepare the remaining ingredients: pit and dice the avocado half; chop the tomatoes; rinse the canned corn; chop the scallions, and chop the cilantro.
3. Divide quinoa between 4 bowls. Arrange the avocado, tomatoes, corn, scallions, and (optional) cilantro between each bowl.
4 .Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat. Crack each egg into the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook until egg whites are set but yolk is still runny, about 3 to 4 minutes. Use a spatula to carefully transfer each sunny-side-up egg into each bowl. Garnish with hot sauce and serve.
Wednesday- Walking Wednesday
Take advantage of the warm days!
Friday- Health Tip
The flu is still among us!
Flu season is upon us in full force. If you haven’t already, see your local doctor or pharmacist for a flu shot. To help avoid contracting the virus limit contact with those already diagnosed, keep a distance from anyone coughing or sneezing when in public and wash your hands frequently. – Heart South Nurse Manager
The Beat Goes On!