Monday – Stair Step Monday
Make EVERY step count!
Tuesday – Healthy Recipe
Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin puree 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs, at room temperature 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (or sub melted butter)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, almond milk and vanilla. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Evenly divide batter between 12 muffin cups. Bake for 23-28 minutes or until tester comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Enjoy!
Wednesday – Walking Wednesday
So many benefits to walking!
Thursday – Thirsty Thursday
This is why you need to drink water!
Friday – Health Tip
When going out to eat: Just because you’re given a certain portion doesn’t mean that amount is what your body needs. Eat only until you’re comfortably full. A little left on your plate each day adds up to a long-term decrease in calories. (and left overs for the next day)
The beat goes on!