Tuesday- Healthy Recipe Healthy Chocolate Chips
- 1 medium banana
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash banana in a large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter, egg, vanilla, baking soda, sugar and salt, stirring to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet, placing cookies about 1 1/2” apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden.
Wednesday- Walking Wednesday Try a new walking routine!
Thursday- Thirsty Thursday Be sure to be drinking plenty of water!
Friday- Health Tip Limit Your Sugar Intake
The average American consumes 26 spoonful’s of refined sugar every day. Yet your body only needs the equivalent of 1 teaspoon of sugar to operate your entire bloodstream. Minimize your sugar intake and reap the benefits of other healthy food options.
Healthy Brain Now, Memories Later – 7 Simple Steps
A healthy lifestyle benefits your brain as much as your body. Here are seven steps to get you started on your journey to a healthier brain:
- Move more. Getting active may bring more time with family and friends, and even enjoying something new for yourself. Check out how to move more.
- Eat healthy (and clean). Following a heart-healthy eating pattern can put you on the road to great brain health. Get started with this blueprint for healthy eating.
- Focus on your weight. If you need to, shed those extra pounds to take the stress off your heart, lungs, and other essential parts of your body. Learn how to lose weight and keep it off.
- Manage your blood pressure. When your blood pressure stays within a healthy range, your body (and brain!) benefit. Learn more about managing your blood pressure.
- Control cholesterol. Keep your arteries clear and healthy by paying attention to your cholesterol.
- Reach healthy blood sugar levels. Most of the food we eat turns into glucose (blood sugar), that our bodies can use for energy. It’s important to focus on foods that give us energy, good nutrition, and keep our blood sugar in check.
- Stop Smoking. Get the fact and learn how to stop smoking to help your brain and your life.
The Beat Goes On!