Monday- Stair Step Monday
Tuesday- Healthy Recipe
Whole Wheat Cranberry Muffins
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Cooking spray (optional)
- 3/4 c uncooked, quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 c whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 c all-purpose all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/4 c toasted wheat germ
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 c pineapple juice
- Egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg, or 1 large egg
- 1 Tbs canola oil OR 1 Tbs corn oil
- 2 Tbs unsalted sunflower seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or put paper muffin cups in the pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the oatmeal, flours, brown sugar, cranberries, wheat germ, baking powder, and baking soda. Make a well in the center. Pour the pineapple juice, egg substitute, and oil into the well, stirring until just moistened. Do not overmix; the batter should be slightly lumpy. Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Sprinkle with the sunflower seeds.
3. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. These muffins don’t need a cooling time before removing from the pan.
Wednesday- Walking Wednesday
Thursday- Thirsty Thursday
Friday- Health Tip
Time based walks are fun and easy. Pick a manageable amount-say 20 to 30 minutes- and just go at a comfortable pace. Over time you will burn more calories with regular walks than a single marathon session.
The Beat Goes On!