Monday- Stair Step Monday
Taking the first step is always the hardest, but every step you take proves to get easier!
- 10 sprays non-stick pan spray
- 1/2 cup green spring onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ cup Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce (from 19-oz can)
- One cup canned low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1 cup shredded low fat pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 3/4 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- 4 ½ ounces Sliced avocado
- ½ cup Fresh cilantro
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) or 13×9-inch (3-quart) ceramic or broiler-proof baking dish with 5 sprays cooking spray. Heat 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add 5 sprays pan spray and onion; cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken, green chilies, chili powder, tomatoes and ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce; stir to combine. Remove from heat. Stir in Cheddar cheese. Transfer chicken mixture to baking dish. Top evenly with pepper Jack cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Turn oven control to broil. Place baking dish about 5 inches from broiler; broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from broiler. Top with sour cream, avocado, cilantro. Serve immediately.
Makes 3 servings. Per serving:
* 1 Lean protein * 1 1/3 vegetable servings * 3 condiments
Wednesday- Walking Wednesday
Find a partner that will join you on this journey to better health and will also bring accountability. Start to prepare for 2018!
Thursday- Thirsty Thursday
Put a fresh twist on your water!
Friday- Health Tip
Give of yourself. Volunteer your time and energy to help someone else. You’ll feel good about doing something tangible to help someone in need- and it’s a great way to meet new people who share your interests and compassion. Make this time of year special for someone else.
The beat goes on!